hoar adj : showing characteristics of age, especially having gray or white hair; "whose beard with age is hoar"-Coleridge; "nodded his hoary head" [syn: gray, grey, gray-haired, grey-haired, gray-headed, grey-headed, grizzly, hoary, white-haired] n : ice crystals forming a white deposit (especially on objects outside) [syn: frost, hoarfrost, rime]
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)
- indefinite form plural of ho
- present tense of hoa
This is a list of the fictional deities in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting of the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game.
Forgotten Realms vs. core D&DThe deities of other Dungeons & Dragons campaign settings, including those of the default (or "core") setting for the Dungeons & Dragons game, are not generally a part of Forgotten Realms. However, there is some overlap, especially among the deities of nonhuman races. Lolth, the principle deity of the drow in the Forgotten Realms, is specifically described as being the same deity as Lolth in other campaign settings. No mention is made as to whether other deities shared between Forgotten Realms and other campaign settings are intended to represent the same divine entity.
Deities are included in this list only when documented in a Forgotten Realms-specific source
- Bane: God of hatred, tyranny, fear
- Chauntea (also called Bhalla and Jannath): Goddess of agriculture, farmers, gardeners, summer
- Cyric (possibly also called N'asr): God of knowledge, invention, inspiration, bards
- Shar: Goddess of dark, night, loss, forgetfulness, unrevealed secrets, caverns, dungeons, the Underdark
- Silvanus: God of wild nature, druids
- Sune: Goddess of beauty, love, passion
- Talos (also called Bhaelros and Kozah Elah,
- Tiamat: Goddess of evil dragons, evil reptiles, greed, Chessenta
- Torm: God of duty, loyalty, obedience, paladins
- Waukeen: Goddess of trade, money, wealth
Kara-Turan pantheonMost people in the far eastern lands of Kara-Tur follow one of the two philosophical religions called "The Path of Enlightenment" and "The Way". In the island kingdom of Kozakura the worship of a large number of spirits collectively called "The Eight Million Gods" is predominant. The people of Shou Lung believe in the Celestial Empire headed by the
- Celestial Emperor
who is served by the Nine Immortals:
- Kwan Ying: Goddess of compassion, mercy, joy
Maztican pantheonMaztica, across the Trackless Sea from Faerûn, has its own unique set of deities.
- Azul (also called Calor): God of rain, water, drunkenness One common faith in Zakhara is the Temple of Ten Thousand Gods, which is honoring every deity that has ever existed or will exist in the future rather than worshipping any one specific deity.
Nondeity powersSome powerful extraplanar creatures are able to grant power to their followers without actually being deities. Cults worshipping archdevils or demon princes are not unknown.
ArchdevilsLord of the First: Bel
Lord of the Second: Dispater, The Iron Duke
Lord of the Third: Mammon, the Viscount
Lords of the Fourth: Fierna and Belial
Lord of the Fifth: Prince Levistus
Lord of the Sixth: The Archduchess Glasya
Lord of the Seventh: Baalzebul, the Slug Archduke
Lord of the Eighth: Mephistopheles, Archduke of Cania
Lord of the Ninth: Asmodeus, King of the Nine Hells
- Demogorgon: Prince of Demons
- Earthmother: Former goddess of life. Slain by Bhaal (currently deceased).
- Eshowdow: Former god of Chult. Slain by Shar.
- Kukul: Former Maztican god of creation , including:
- Camnod the Unseen
- Borem of the Lake of Boiling Mud: Former god of anger
- Haask, the Voice of Hargut
- Maram of the Great Spear
- Tyranthraxus the Flamed One
- Tyche: Former goddess of luck. Split into Beshaba and Tymora.
- Valigan Thirdborn: Former god of anarchy. Slain by Tyr.
- World Serpent: Former god of the sarrukh. Fragmented into the deities of the lizardfolk, naga, and yuan-ti.
hoar in Spanish: Dioses de Reinos Olvidados
hoar in French: Divinités des Royaumes oubliés
hoar in Italian: Divinità di Forgotten Realms
hoar in Russian: Божества Forgotten Realms
Jack Frost, advanced, advanced in life, advanced in years, aged, along in years, ancient, argent, argentine, black frost, canescent, chalky, cretaceous, elderly, fleecy-white, frost, frost line, frost smoke, frosted, frosty, gray, gray with age, gray-haired, gray-headed, grizzled, grizzly, grown old, hoarfrost, hoary, killing frost, lactescent, lily-white, marble, marmoreal, milky, niveous, old, old as Methuselah, patriarchal, platinum, pure white, rime, rime frost, senectuous, sharp frost, silver, silvered, silvery, snow-white, snowy, swan-white, venerable, white, white as snow, white frost, white with age, white-bearded, white-crowned, white-haired, wrinkled, wrinkly, years old